Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Commercial Contract Rebate Specialist in Durham, North Carolina
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
The purpose of this position is to administer, implement and coordinate all Grifols Therapeutics formal and informal bids, contracts and/or rebates for all commercial business. This includes but is not limited to, Hospital, GPO, Distributor, and Physician classes of trade. In order to secure sales for the success of Grifols, the business must be able to establish both contracts and rebates into a system of record and maintain all activities associated with this business practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Coordinate the receipt, processing and follow up of all Grifols guideline, custom, or formal bid contracts to ensure all terms and conditions, pricing and deadlines are met
● Responsible for the thorough review of all bids and/or rebates making certain that they are in compliance with all regulations set forth by Grifols and that all submitted account data is accurate
● Daily maintenance and input of accurate information into the CARS/IS system for all contracts
● Send out pricing information to wholesalers and accounts on awarded contracts to ensure accurate pricing and create pricing grids for possession taking accounts when new contracts are set up in the system. Send out pricing grids to wholesalers for loading into their systems
● Coordinate with Sales and Marketing Departments regarding revisions to existing contract proposals. Develop and maintain statistical and activity reports pertaining to bids, contracts, and customer sales activity for evaluating competitive pricing strategies
● Communicate with all field sales force, internal and external customers by providing feedback on all open issues
● Administer the calculation and processing of all contract related rebates. Administer and maintain the appropriate rebate system to ensure accurate and timely payments. Included, is the timely input of all data necessary to validate and process State Medicaid Program Rebates for payment
● Initiate reports to validate contract sales and/or dividend reimbursements which are based on actual sales account activity
● Responsible for administering performance rebates and daily maintenance and input of accurate information into the computer rebate system for all hospital buying group contracts
● Implement the training and cross training of clerical support following established procedures to ensure all necessary documentation has been validated to properly execute contract/rebates. Training includes the entry of contractual data into the CARS/IS and/or the appropriate rebate system
-Design and maintain a user reference manual for contracts/rebates
-Responsible for corresponding with many levels of personnel and customers through letters, memos and other written and oral communication
-Assist with special projects as required and assigned
-Incumbent will interact with Account Managers and field sales force to ensure a complete and accurate contract is in place
-Incumbent will interact with the legal department to ensure contract language and contract terms are compliant with both government and Grifols policies
-Incumbent will interact with financial analysts to ensure proper negotiations for the contracting process are handled in a timely fashion
-Incumbent will interact with external customers to ensure accurate information is shared between contracting party and Grifols
-Incumbent will interact closely with Government Medicaid Contract Administrator for processing the data for preparation of validation of State Medicaid Program Rebates
Skills/Qualifications/Education: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
The incumbent must possess either a BA or BS degree
2+ years general business experience - experience in a contract or contract related environment preferred
Incumbent must possess business, legal, and regulatory knowledge, as well as, knowledge of the competitive environment as it relates to bids and contracts
The position requires sound mathematical skills and must be proficient in personal computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and experienced with contract/rebate tracking systems. CARS/IS and Micro Strategy experience a plus
The incumbent must possess strong written and oral communication skills
Incumbent must be able to work independently without detailed instructions
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
Req ID: 211009