Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Vice-President Marketing, Diagnostics in Durham, North Carolina
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
Reporting to the President, Diagnostics Division, the Vice President, of Marketing will provide leadership for the diagnostic marketing department. Responsibilities include product life cycle management for the entire diagnostics product portfolio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Overall accountability for all upstream and downstream marketing activities for Global Marketing, Diagnostics; Responsibilities include multiple product lines (Blood Typing Solutions, Blood Collection Systems, Donor Screening, Clinical Diagnostics)
● Directs organization responsible for product management, channel and customer marketing, marketing communications, market research and market access
● Leads global marketing team responsible for developing strategic marketing plans for entire Diagnostic portfolio of products
● Define enhancements to current product portfolio and identify areas to expand portfolio either organically, or through partnerships
● Through voice of the customer, ensure that product pipeline corresponds to current and future customer requirements and market trends
● Provides direction and leadership to global marketing associates located in multiple countries and time zones
● Leads governance designed to evaluate and approve new product and market entry business cases
● Oversees the branding of all products in the diagnostics portfolio
● Participates in broader company long term strategic planning
● Supports development of KOL network and builds a high performing organization to deliver on committed goals
● Supports achievement of global diagnostic sales and EBIT targets
● Launches new products and upgrades per plan
● Drives portfolio strategy and new product definition to enhance portfolio effectiveness, and secure business goals
● Applies knowledge of business strategies to proactively anticipate business risk and exploit business opportunities
● Builds high performing global marketing team
1. Conflict Management
Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
2. Process Management
Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
3. Priority Setting
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
4. Problem Solving
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
5. Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
6. Business Acumen
Knows how business work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Bachelors/master’s degree in business or biological science discipline or equivalent; MBA preferred
At least 15 years’ experience in sales and marketing organization in diagnostics/medical devices, with emphasis on product development and project management required
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to lead a team co-located in different countries
Experience managing large team
Ability to successfully influence without authority, especially within the executive management level
Experience presenting to executive level and board level stakeholders
Ability to work independently, as well as in close collaboration is required
Excellent attitude with risk management and problem-solving skills
Practical knowledge in worldwide IVD regulatory processes and clinical evaluations
Proven conflict management/resolution skills
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the staged requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associates degree with 6 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations, frequently travels within the United States, occasional international travel. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
Req ID: 261467