Biomat USA, Inc. Quality Associate in Louisville, Kentucky
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
● Perform daily donor record file review.
● Perform equipment quality control review - daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual.
● Perform a review of donor center records.
● Perform weekly review of equipment incident logs.
● Verification and release of sample shipment.
● Perform Staging of plasma for shipment.
● Inspection and release of incoming supplies.
● Perform Weekly employee observations.
● Participate in the Quality Assurance meetings and be part of the Quality Assurance team.
● Assist the Center Quality Manager to ensure that cGMP regulations are followed.
● Assist the Center Quality Manager to ensure that SOPs are followed and regulatory requirements are met.
● Performs a review of the documentation of unsuitable test results and the disposition of the associated units.
● On an occasional basis, when the Center Quality Manager is absent, the Quality Associate may be required to perform the following duties:
● Performs all product release activities.
● Documents, investigates, and performs root cause analysis for deviations and customer complaints, specifically in how they relate to the safety of the donor and the quality of the product.
● Review of equipment records and DMS information if applicable to approve out of service machines for use.
● Review and approval of deferred donor reinstatement activities.
● Perform a review of lookback information
● Waste shipment review
● Initiates investigations and reports any supplies that have not met quality specifications and requirements prior to use.
● Perform a review of medical incident reports and the applicable related documentation.
Is certified and maintains certification in the donor processing area.
High school diploma or GED. Obtains state licensures or certifications if applicable.
Typically requires no previous related experience.
Occupational Demands Form # 70: Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while performing reviews in plasma freezers. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed mostly while sitting for up to 4 to 6 hours per day and standing from 2 to 4 hours per day. The position does require bending and twisting of neck up from 2 to 4 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may squat, crouch or sit on one's heels on rare occasion. Occasionally walks, bends and twists at waist. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions. Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions. Relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 329207
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare