Interstate Blood Bank Medical Technologist - 9am-5:30pm - NAT Lab, Interstate Blood Bank in Memphis, Tennessee
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
This position is responsible for the handling and processing of donor samples, performing the testing of
samples, reviewing test results, and reporting test results. This position will assist laboratory management
to organize and plan workflow.
- Follows IBBI written procedures for sample handling and processing and for analyzing and reporting
Performs low, moderate, and high complexity testing of donor samples, as authorized.
Participates in the proficiency testing program and maintains the required records as specified in the
- Performs quality control, calibration, and instrument maintenance activities as specified in
- Assist Laboratory Management with the monitoring of testing performed and the accurate and timely
reporting of test results by laboratory personnel.
- Assist Laboratory Management with the review and evaluation of all test records for completeness
and compliance with all applicable procedural requirements.
- Interface with vendor representatives and technical services to provide troubleshooting and
diagnostic consultation to resolve instrument and assay technical problems.
Assist in instrument, assay and LIMS training and validation.
Assist management with completion of Error and Accident Reports.
Notify supervision of any incidence of test results and/or test instruments not within the established
acceptable levels of performance.
- Notify supervision of any problems identified that may adversely affect the performance of testing
and/or the reporting of test results.
- Perform other duties as may be required/assigned.
$ Must possess a current testing personnel license issued by the State in which the laboratory is located,
if such licensing is required;
$ Must be a doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy in the State in which the laboratory is located
or have earned a doctoral, master’s, or bachelor’s degree in medical technology from an accredited
$ Must have previously qualified or could have qualified as a technologist under 42 CFR 493.1491 on
or before February 28, 1992;
$ Until September 1, 1997 - (1) must have earned an academic high school diploma or equivalent;
and (2) have documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analyzing patient
specimens. Such training must ensure that the individual has been evaluated and found competent
to perform applicable tasks
- If the degree was not from an accredited institution in the United States, the individual must provide or the
IBBI laboratory must obtain a documented statement saying that the degree earned is equivalent to that
required at accredited institutions in the United States.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 302987
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare