Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Deputy Director Product Management in RTP, North Carolina
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1940 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 60 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com at http://www.grifols.com/
The Deputy Director will partner with brand director on development of product strategy, promotional resources, sales and product improvement plans and programs for the assigned product group to achieve and sustain the optimum sales and profit results for assigned groups of products. The Deputy Director will organize, plan, measure and optimize the development and implementation of the product group advertising and promotion that bear maximum support to marketing objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Achieves market share and sales objectives for assigned product(s); Continuously Re-evaluates market dynamics & brand performance to identify product strategic gaps and develop strategic solutions; Evaluates resource allocation to ensure the maximum return on investment is being achieved
● Partners with brand director to develop and oversee the implementation of the brand strategy, positioning and branding activities
● Builds relationships with key commercial stakeholders to influence the development of market research, promotional, branding, sales and product improvement plans
● Consults and collaborates with cross functional team members to define regulatory, clinical, congress and thought leader strategies
● Plans and formulates market development and product promotion plans, medical education plans, budgets, programs and objectives for assigned products for US market, prepares sales forecast for use by PIC in accurately estimating product requirements and inventory control
● Reviews and analyzes marketing results against plans and budgets for market, and recommends marketing strategies to maintain product profitability
● Partners with brand director to develop the brand strategic plan in collaboration with key commercial stakeholders
● Supports and influences product positioning activities by stimulating creative brand promotion approaches, recommending and approving labeling and product changes, to achieve maximum sales and profitability objectives
● Makes decisions and recommends innovative product changes as a member of the marketing team. Champions group efforts within the larger organization as a way to maintain enthusiasm and focus.
● Provides input on selection of strategies upon comprehensive analysis of external customer trends, market research analysis and solid understanding of competitor approaches
● Ensures alignment of all efforts with the broader divisional strategic direction & objectives; Utilizes cross-functional relationships as an information source to help
● Anticipates obstacles or challenges to achieving objectives (e.g. product supply, labeling issues) & works with internal customers to jointly develop solutions that will benefit both parties (e.g. influences design of a unique marketing program to meet a unique country market need)
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
B.S. or B.A. degree in Sciences, Business of Liberal Arts; MBA or graduate business/economic work preferred
Minimum marketing experience of 5-7 years including established and new product responsibilities and Pharmaceutical Industry experience
International and US marketing experience preferred
Successful product launch experience preferred
Demonstrated leadership and career development skills
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must always apply sound business ethics to all matters arising in this position
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency cold include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations and frequently travels within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 71008
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Marketing