Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Medical Affairs Scientific Director (1-2) in RTP, North Carolina
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
Provides specific neurological medical affairs support to internal groups within a defined therapeutic area. Develops and drives medical affairs initiatives and strategies to support the company's strategic goals. Educates external customers on the value of the company's products and the diseases for which they are indicated. Interacts with multiple internal teams as well as develops external relationships with key opinion leaders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Provides product and disease-specific education and training to internal stakeholders and external customers
● Develops relationships with key opinion leaders consistent with the company's strategic goals
● Participates in and/or facilitates advisory boards and speaker training meetings
● Reviews promotional materials to ensure medical accuracy
● Develops and executes publication strategies and product-specific medical affairs plans
● Serves as the therapy area expert for internal and external stakeholders
● Reviews medical information letters to ensure content accuracy
● Reviews investigator initiated research concepts and proposals
● Serves as a company ambassador while interacting with external patient advocacy organizations
● Provides strategic input for business development plans
● Demonstrates understanding of the medical affairs function
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
MD in neurology required
Typically requires 8 - 12 years of clinical, scientific, and/or medical affairs experience
Knowledge of medical affairs within industry is preferable
Advanced analytical, oral and written communication skills
Advanced ability to interact with both internal and external teams
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck.Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Requires 15%-20% travel within the United States and Europe/ROW. Able to communicate information and ideas so that non-neurologist will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences.Interacts with others, relates information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
Req ID: 88842